About Me

A homeschooling mom of 3 boys and a SAHM to a little girl. Trying my best everyday to be the best Mom/teacher I could possibly be.

Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Gardening

I have been busy lately tending my garden. Spring is here and it's time to start digging and planting for summer crops. I was so happy to see my compost looking pretty good and it will be ready in 2 weeks. I decided to try making my own compost because I spend so much money buying garden soil. Every year the price is getting higher. So this year, I we only got those soil amender, for the clay soil we have in the side of our house where it gets more sun. So I was trying to mix some soil to make it better for my vegetables. Last year, we had a very good result with our tomatoes and egg plant but this year I plan to plant more okra and beans and hoping we get good plants this year. We will also try to plant some cauliflower and broccoli. I am not too excited about this because I read that it is a little hard to grow those but we will try. We did corn last year and got some but they did not grow as much as I want them to. I learned that they really need a lot of sun. Hopefully, this year will be better and yield more vegetables. I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment